If you found our recent look at the Miranda Rights and Taser use by law enforcement interesting, look through the following articles to learn even more about these topics:
- The Miranda rights originate from the amendments inside the Bill of Rights. Click though to read the full text on the National Archives website.
- In 2010, Indiana police used a Taser gun on a 10-year-old boy instead of attempting to restrain him any other way. Read more about the incident in this news article.
- On this page, the History Channel explains the story behind the Miranda rights and why their reading is required in all criminal cases in the United States.
- Have you been charged with a crime in Pennsylvania? Read throughthe state’s criminal code to understand the severity of your charges.
- Another example of Taser abuse occurred when Chicago-area police electrocuted a diabetic man 11 times with a Taser while he was having a seizure linked to his condition.
The law offices of Patrick G. Geckle, LLC is a firm with years of experience helping Pennsylvania residents stand up to police abuse. If you have been improperly shot with a Taser or otherwise mistreated by law enforcement, you may have a civil rights case against the department. Call (215)-735-3326 to schedule a free case evaluation at our Philadelphia office or contact us online.