Philadelphia Criminal Lawyers
Discuss Violent Crimes
If you are facing criminal charges for a violent crime in Philadelphia, it is vital to seek the counsel and representation of an experienced and reputable criminal defense lawyer. A conviction for a violent crime carries stiff penalties that can include long prison terms and probation. The team of Philadelphia criminal defense lawyers at the Law Offices of Patrick G. Geckle, LLC has a long history of successful outcomes for their clients charged with violent crimes. Our criminal lawyers are committed to gathering evidence that not only supports your defense, but also casts doubts on the prosecution’s theories and validity of their evidence.
Various Types of Criminal Charges for Violent Crimes
The Philadelphia violent crimes lawyers at the Law Offices of Patrick G. Geckle, LLC are well versed in defending clients in all areas of criminal law. Proving your innocence is our top priority and we will work tirelessly to protect your legal rights while achieving the best possible outcome for you.
- Aggravated Assault and Battery: Aggravated assault and battery charges result from a willful intent to cause bodily harm to another. Aggravated assault can also include crimes committed with a deadly weapon, such as a gun, knife, or other instrument meant to cause bodily injury. In some cases, assault by auto charges can stem from driving under the influence, reckless driving, or an intentional collision that caused serious injury to another. Convictions for aggravated assault or battery commonly result in prison sentences.
- Aggravated Manslaughter, Murder, and Vehicular Homicide: Any wrongful death charge such as aggravated manslaughter, murder, and vehicular homicide has the propensity to carry a life sentence or even the death penalty. If one is charged with one of these crimes, it is vital that they enlist the services of an experienced and aggressive criminal defense lawyer that will relentlessly work to prove their innocence, or in some cases, have the sentence reduced to avoid life imprisonment or the death penalty. The experienced team of Philadelphia violent crimes lawyers at the Law Offices of Patrick G. Geckle, LLC is highly skilled and competent, and will ensure the best possible outcome for any case.
- Domestic Violence: A domestic violence charge results from the willful injury or threat of injury to a spouse, significant other, roommate, or family member. Actions such as hitting, grabbing, pushing, choking, and throwing things are considered domestic violence. Stalking behaviors such as repetitive phone calls, texts, or destruction of property can also be filed under domestic violence. If convicted of these charges, prison, probation, court-mandated counseling, monetary fines, restraining orders, and loss of custody or visitation with children can result.
- Hate Crimes and Terrorist Threats: Any threat of violent action or violent crime committed in an act of hatred or intolerance will result in serious penalties. Terroristic threats meant to intimidate a community or group of people that result in evacuation of a public place, or cause reckless disruption of an event or building carry serious penalties. Hate crimes are committed against another because of their race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, gender identification, or sexual orientation. Consequences for these types of violent crimes include long-term prison sentences, probation, loss of voting privileges, court-ordered rehabilitation and education, costly fines, and community service.
- Kidnapping and Criminal Restraint: Kidnapping and criminal restraint charges are brought against anyone who moves, transports, or restrains another individual against their will. These charges can result in long prison terms of up to 30 years. The experienced criminal defense lawyers at the Law Offices of Patrick G. Geckle, LLC will examine the evidence and charges against a client to provide an aggressive defense that dismisses their charges or minimizes their legal consequences with a reduced charge or plea bargain.
- Robbery and Armed Robbery: A robbery or armed robbery charge is a serious offense and can result in prison terms of up to 20 years. Evidence obtained from surveillance camera footage or eyewitness testimony can be difficult to dispute, however an experienced criminal defense lawyer will know how to challenge the validity of the evidence, or question the procedures from which the evidence was obtained. Even if the suspect did not commit the crime with a weapon, the threat of a weapon or the perception that they had a weapon can turn a robbery charge into an armed robbery, even if no one was injured during the act.
Philadelphia Criminal Lawyers at the Law Offices of Patrick G. Geckle, LLC Defend Clients Charged With Violent Crimes
If you or someone you know is facing criminal charges for a violent crime, the Philadelphia criminal lawyers at the Law Offices of Patrick G. Geckle, LLC can help. Our lawyers are committed to protecting your legal rights and future by providing an aggressive defense and sound legal strategy.
Call us at 215-735-3326, or contact us online to schedule a consultation today. Our offices are conveniently located in Center City Philadelphia and serve clients throughout Philadelphia County, Montgomery County, Bucks County, and Chester County.